Monday, July 17, 2006

I am Christian. I am pro-life. Because I am pro-life, I oppose revenge and, hence, the death penalty. For do we not believe that God can provide justice and change a criminal's heart, as on Golgotha?

Because I am pro-life I oppose preemptive warfare. For if we are mistaken on our way in, we will waste many lives and alienate those who would call us friend.

Because I am pro-life, I oppose torture. For though an evil man will remain evil afterward, a good man can be radicalized and become a terrorist in his turn.

Because I am pro-life, I believe the best way to reduce abortions is to reduce the demand for them, through sex education, making non-judgemental alternatives available and support for those who choose to keep their babies.

Because I am pro-life, I believe that should a poor girl or couple decide to take the responsiblilty of keeping an unintended baby, they should receive support in the form of education assistance and child care. For children of educated persons stand a much better chance of surviving in this world.

Because I am pro-life, I support measures to curb greenhouse gas emissions as well as other pollution. For without a habitable environment, there will be no life to protect.

Because I am pro-life, I support the values of economic and social justice. For what good is it to call oneself Christian while ignoring the cold, the hungry, the downtrodden?

Because I am pro-life I push for solid, well-rounded education for all. For when we teach a person to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Because I am pro-life, I believe that a strong science background is necessary for all students. For those who cannot reason are doomed to subsistence.

Because I am pro-life, I regard a grasp of history and classics as essential. For those who do not know where we have been will not know where we are, or where we are going.

Because I am pro-life, I am a liberal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home